Sunday, July 29, 2007

Full Moon


It's a full moon tonight in Ft. Collins, Colorado, which is over a mile high and that much closer to the heavenly bodies in the sky on a crystal clear night. I just happened to have installed AstroNavigator II from http://www.vitotechnology.com/ on one of my GPS enabled Pocket PCs.


I grabbed my trusty pocket pal and went outside for some star gazing. It has been a long time since I have been involved with identifying stars and constellations. Actually, I think it was when I was working on my astronomy merit badge or was it astrology?


I sure wish I had AstoNavigator then. It's a delightful way to star gaze, and I recommend it. All you have to do is connect your handheld device with a GPS receiver and point in any direction in the clear night sky, and the exact picture of what you see will appear on your screen.


Simply tap on an item on the screen, and information about it will pop up. You can search for individual planets, stars, or constellations. It's sort of like having a smart telescope in the palm of your hand. Check it out.

No comments: